Monday, January 24, 2011

First Home Study

So, our first home study is next Tuesday, Feb 1st (oh, and Happy Birthday brother Justin!). I'm a little nervous- but for those of you that know me, you know I don't tend to get too worked up about anything. Even I can hardly tell if anything bothers me. So how do I know I'm nervous? Because my eyelids pop open daily at about 3:15am with a whir of "what ifs" and "oh yeah, we better cover up that tag on the side of the house" and "when will I clean our bedroom?" and "how will I get the cats to not poop in the litter box while we're being interviewed? (they pick the most convenient times)". Luckily, I have a pretty good husband who can help me do all this, and when I realize that at about 4am I fall back asleep.

At this first visit, I'm not too sure what to expect, other than we'll be interviewed together for about 2 hours in our home by a social worker.

So keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Also- just thinking today that our baby might not even be conceived yet... or maybe, riiiiight.....now.

2 comments:

  1. No, you are not a "nervous Nelly". So--are you making lists? That helps when you wake up at 3, you just remember it's on the list. Or nudge Lucas & ask HIM if it's on the list...I'm sure he won't mind. Are there other people who have been through this agency's process that you can talk to?

    ReplyDelete