Sunday, January 29, 2012

Party and a Few Updates

This week were surprised by Sarah and friends with a party/fundraiser for our adoption! Lucas and I are pretty floored at what caring wonderful friends and family we have. Please come celebrate if you can!

Friday, Feb 17th, 8-11pm
Lost Lake Lounge
3206 E Colfax Ave

Our friends have organized an art auction, bands, and suggested donation at the door. We will also be collecting gently used and new baby blankets to donate to the orphanage. We're so grateful and excited for a fun time!

In other news, still no new pictures. Of either baby! People, you're killing me here.

Lucas and I decided on names, which was hard. But we are utterly in love with them and their now somewhat pronounceable names :). There is something to be said for naming your own child, and I never realized what a special process it is. We wanted to keep Agegnehu's (sounds like "again yahoo") which means "I have found you!" as his first name, but we just decided it would be too difficult to pronounce/spell especially when he starts school. We added in Alan because we thought it was very special to both Lucas and my families, as it is both my dad and Lucas's dad's middle name.

Otis Alan Agegnehu 
+
Jalele Lark
Rougé


Waiting, waiting, waiting for pictures and a court date. Really hoping these babes will be home by July.

Oh yeah, my car died this week. Dead. So amidst the adoption and crazy work transition (maybe more on that later?) Lucas and I will be carpooling everywhere in his 1985 Landcruiser which we are hoping will pass emissions this week. We may need some extra patience right now...


No comments:

Post a Comment